Capital Nordic Walking is Canberra’s fully accredited Nordic Walking Specialists
Do you enjoy walking and being outdoors? Are gyms not your scene or do you like to have a break from them? Is jogging too hard on your body? Cycling too risky or too hard on your knees? Is walking not delivering the results you are looking for? Are you finding swimming too solitary? Are you looking to mix up your exercise routine?
Around the world, millions of Nordic Walkers are enjoying the immense health and fitness benefits that this new form of fitness walking provides because it is as effective as jogging, as gentle as walking, and it is perfect to do with a group of friends. Research from Europe and USA has proven that the health benefits of Nordic Walking are significantly greater than regular walking, jogging, swimming and cycling.
A reminder about the importance of activity to good health and the considerable risks of inactivity can be found here, including how much you should be moving.
10 GOOD REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD TRY NORDIC WALKING:
1. Works the whole body – uses over 90% of the body’s muscles: more than walking, running, swimming or cycling
2. Increases cardio work by up to 25% compared to regular walking
3. Burns up to 46% more calories than regular walking
4. Tones upper arms, shoulders, back and leg muscles
5. Develops core stability and strength
6. Reduces load and impact on hips, knees and ankles
7. Helps ease neck and back pain
8. Promotes upright posture
9. Helps with injury recovery and conditions like arthritis, Parkinson’s, and Multiple Sclerosis
10. It’s convenient and portable – can be done anywhere by anyone
Nordic Walking is unique because it can provide benefits for everyone, people of all ages and fitness levels, from those with medical problems or injuries to the super-fit.
In order to gain maximum benefit from Nordic Walking it is important to learn the correct technique from a qualified instructor.
Contact us now to start your Nordic Walking journey!