You've heard about Nordic Walking, or you've seen people out with their poles, but you're not sure what the fuss is all about? Here are 10 reasons why so many people are taking up Nordic Walking!
1. Uses over 90% of your muscles - double that of running
2. Increases cardio work to similar levels of running
3. Burns 45% more calories than regular walking
4. Tones arms, shoulders, back and legs
5. Develops core strength, balance & coordination
6. Reduces load and strain on ankles, knees, and hips
7. Helps ease neck and back pain
8. Promotes healthy upright posture
9. Helps with injuries and health conditions like Arthritis and Parkinson’s disease
10. Is affordable, fun, social- can be done anywhere by anyone.
Check out our course options to find a course that matches your needs in terms of your fitness, reasons for taking up Nordic Walking, and budget. We have courses for the fit and active, those with balance and mobility challenges, people who want to do the course with a friend or partner, or privately on their own. There's something for everyone!
And please don't worry about poles! We encourage you not to get your own poles before doing the course - so that you are certain that you are going to love it and Nordic Walk regularly, and you have time to consider the different pole models and choose the right one for you.